- Numerous CEN awards;
- Scholarships for training or internships;
- Financial assistance for parental leave;
- Possibility of applying to the FRQNT international internship program via the CEN;
- Possibility of applying to the FRQNT Dialogue grant, student relief component (PhD only);
- Support in preparing applications to the Northern Scientific Training Program (NSTP).
Networking and Communication Opportunities
- Free attendance at the CEN Annual Conference, including transportation;
- Free participation in the spring meeting, including transportation;
- Participation in the Nordicity 5@7 and other local activities;
- Writing an article for the "student perspective" section of the CEN newsletter.
Research in the North
- Numerous training courses offered in connection with northern research;
- Workshops on science popularization and knowledge dissemination;
- Participation in intercultural workshops.
Application for Membership
To apply for membership at the Centre for Northern Studies, you must be enrolled in graduate studies and carry out your studies under the supervision or co-supervision of a regular member or a collaborative member of the CEN.
Step 1: Create a profile on the CEN intranet
Please send the following information to email@example.com :
- last name
- first name
- name of project director and co-director, if applicable
- category (master's, doctorate or postdoctorate)
- department of study
- official proof of your date of first enrolment in your program of study (e.g. transcript, letter of acceptance from the university)
Step 2: Description of the research project
We will send you a username and password that will allow you to complete the online application form. In addition to various information regarding your academic record, a description of your project in French and English including the following sections will be requested:
- Title (50 to 1000 characters)
- Problem (200 to 1000 characters)
- Objectives (200 to 1000 characters)
- Description of the study sites (200 to 1000 characters)
- Materials and methods (200 to 1000 characters)
- Expected results (200 to 1000 characters)
In the case of a change to a PhD, it is not necessary to file a new application. However, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that the change can be made in your file.
CEN Awards and Scholarships
Please note that 1) only students who have applied for CEN membership are eligible for the Grants and Awards Program and 2) you must have completed your membership application within 12 months of the date you enrolled in your program.
© 2023 Centre for northern studies - All rights reserved