Postdocs membership in the Centre for Northern Studies has a number of benefits, including access to unique resources and opportunities. Here is a non-exhaustive list of these benefits.
- Conference registration grant;
- FRQNT Dialogue student relief component.
Networking and Communication Opportunities
- Free attendance at the CEN Annual Conference, including transportation;
- Free participation in the spring meeting, including transportation;
- Participation in the 5@7 Nordicity and other local activities.
Research in the North
- Numerous training courses offered in connection with northern research;
- Workshops on science popularization and knowledge dissemination;
- Participation in intercultural workshops.
Application for Membership
To apply to the Centre for Northern Studies, you must be enrolled in the postdoctoral program and conduct your research under the supervision or co-supervision of a regular or associate member of CEN.
Step 1: Create a profile on the CEN intranet
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- last name
- first name
- name of project director and co-director, if applicable
- category (master's, doctorate or postdoctorate)
- department of study
- official proof of your date of first enrolment in your program of study (e.g. transcript, letter of acceptance from the university)
Step 2: Description of the research project
We will send you a username and password that will allow you to complete the online application form. In addition to various information concerning your academic record, a description of your project in French and English including the following sections will be requested:
- Title (50 to 1000 characters)
- Problem (200 to 1000 characters)
- Objectives (200 to 1000 characters)
- Description of the study sites (200 to 1000 characters)
- Materials and methods (200 to 1000 characters)
- Expected results (200 to 1000 characters)
© 2023 Centre for northern studies - All rights reserved